How to Join Maximo Church Family
Maximo Presbyterian Church is a community of believers seeking to share the love of God in Jesus Christ, our Lord!
Whether or not your church background is Presbyterian, we welcome you to our Maximo church Family!
God calls us to worship the Lord, to be in regular fellowship with one another, and to serve. You do not need to be a member of our church in order to do any of these — but many have found that formally uniting with a local church body is a commitment that brings to them a sense of belonging, the challenge to grow in their faith, and an opportunity to use their talents and experience in the service of God. It’s exciting to be a part of something so much bigger than we are!
You may join Maximo Presbyterian Church as an active member through:
- Profession of Faith — if you have never been a member of a Christian church but wish to do so now
- Reaffirmation of Faith — if a previous membership has lapsed and you wish to renew your vows with this congregation
- Letter of Transfer — if you wish to transfer a current membership from another congregation
- Baptism for the young or old — the Sacrament of Baptism is open for all ages. At Maximo, we have baptized infants and people in their 80s. For youth & adults, it’s another way to join the church. If you’re baptized in another congregation, we welcome and recognize your baptism, so you do not need to be baptized again.
As needed, all new members may be asked to participate in one of the scheduled membership classes. Participation in this class is a chance to learn and connect with others who are new, get to know the pastor, and learn about the many opportunities for fellowship and service that are unique to Maximo.
Topics covered include what it means to be a Christian, what it means to be Presbyterian, and what it means to be a member of Maximo Presbyterian Church. Opportunities for service and fellowship are highlighted, and a tour of the church campus and school are offered. At the conclusion of the class, those interested in joining will meet briefly with representatives of the Session.
Ask the pastor on Sunday mornings about the next class and/or to sign up.
Finding Your Place
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others,
faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
God has given each of us gifts and talents to use in God’s service. We strongly encourage all members to get involved and “find their place” in our community of faith. Service and fellowship opportunities abound. There is a place for you that is just the right match for your gifts, experience and availability. Whether it’s serving coffee on Sunday mornings, singing in a choir, visiting the homebound, serving on a Ministry Team, creating art in the Art Club, sewing with the Sewing Circle on Wednesdays, joining the Body & Spirit class on Thursdays, helping with Sunday School or Vacation Bible School in the summer, or simply going on a mission trip with our youth, our Maximo family will be richer and more fruitful in its service to the Lord for your being a part of it. So, don’t hold back. Get connected. Get involved!
Our Hopes for Our Members
Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18
It is the desire of the leaders of Maximo Church family that all who join our fellowship will find their church experience to be meaningful and rewarding. In addition to regularly attending our weekly worship services to receive spiritual uplift and encouragement, we also hope that members will:
- Be committed to growing in their faith, knowing God more deeply
- Find a meaningful place to serve the Lord through serving others
- Give generously of their personal resources to support the work of the church
Pray for our ministry and the special needs of others in our church family. Becoming a member does not obligate anyone to a certain level of activity, and there are no membership dues or attendance requirements. All members are encouraged to find the right level of involvement for themselves and their current place in life.